Arlington Metaphysical Chapel
5618 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, Virginia 22205-1300
Worship Services and Sunday School
What's Going On at AMC?
Declaration of Principles
Declaración de Principios en español
What is Divine Metaphysics?
What is spiritual healing?
United Metaphysical Churches
|Celebrating Our Spiritual Unfoldment Since 1981
The Arlington Metaphysical Chapel, or "AMC," was founded in 1981 by Rev. F. Reed Brown
as a result of a study group held at Rev. Brown's home on Military Road. The
church building was originally the Bon Air Baptist Church. In 1949 it was
sold to the Odd Fellows Lodge which then sold the building to the AMC Congregation.
The building was restored to its original interior design, removing dropped
ceilings, restoring the chandelier ceiling in the main sanctuary, as well
as adding central air conditioning and lighting. A Rogers 834 Organ and Model
B Steinway Grand Piano were purchased to aid in the ministry of music. In
subsequent years the homes on both sides of the Chapel were purchased for
various uses such as Sunday School classrooms, choir room and offices. Stained
glass windows were donated by Mrs. Helen Saul and Rev. Pearl Kerwin.
carpet came out of the old Arlington County Courthouse and served well for
a number of years. Parquet floors and new carpet were then installed a few
years later. Beautiful gardens, with a fountain, have been developed encompassing
the three properties which are available for meditation or simply observing
the beauty of nature. The Chapel began with 105 charter members and continues
to grow. Our mailing list as of this date is over 3,000 people.
Ministers, Deacons, Mediums & Healers - Renewal forms will be sent to you directly from the UMC Education Department. If you do not receive your renewal papers by February 15, call the Roanoke Office at 540 562-4889 and inquire as to your status, etc. Remember you are responsible for returning these forms by return mail in order to maintain your status with the Association.
Interested in becoming a Minister, Deacon, Medium or Healer? Ask the AMC Board Secretary for a master application for the UMC Seminary programs. Master applications must be returned to the AMC office for the local board approval before they are forwarded to Roanoke. You must be a member of a UMC affiliated church for one year before making application for any of these programs, however, all are welcome to take classes as retreat students..
|United Metaphysical Churches
Arlington Metaphysical Chapel
is a member of:
1488 Peters Creek Rd. NW
Roanoke, VA 24017
Phone: 540 562-4889
The United Metaphysical Churches
is a nationwide association of churches and study groups in Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Montana, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, DC. Our headquarters are located
in the foothills of the beautiful Shenandoah Mountains. The campus includes
Roanoke Metaphysical Chapel, dormitory rooms, a cafeteria, bookstore and several
rental properties. Classes and special weekends are held year round, and we have a full Seminary program. Visit the UMC website at www.unitedmeta.com for details.
There are many ways to keep up with all of the exciting activities and events at Arlington Metaphysical Chapel:
AMC Website: The website you are viewing has all there is to know about the chapel and its events. The headline banner on the homepage lists important information, including weather-related cancellations, so you don't have to go far to find crucial information.
AMC Newsletter: Published online every two months, the newsletter has articles and calendar information, as well as information about other activities. The newsletter can be downloaded from the News page of our website, or you can sign up for our e-mail list and receive a link when the new newsletter is available. If you know someone who does not have access to the Internet, please have them call the chapel so we can mail a copy!
E-mail List: We have an online email list, which is used to update members and friends about upcoming events, and to announce classes and newsletter availability.
Click here to sign up for free e-mail updates from AMC: tinyurl.com/amcnews.
Facebook: If you are a Facebook fan, like our page and you'll know whenever new events are added, and receive reminders about most events as they approach.
Twitter: If Facebook is "TMI" (too much information for those of you who might not be text savvy), Twitter is another way to follow us. Twitter will send you short text updates when announcements are posted.
Meetup: This is like a club whose members receive updates for all AMC worship services and activities. When you join a "meetup" or event, you get e-mail reminders, so you won't forget. You can also use Meetup to sign up for and pay for most classes online.
Pathways Magazine: Look for our quarterly advertisements in Pathways magazine highlighting upcoming events.
Pick a method, and you'll never be more than a click away from anything that is going on here at the Chapel. We look forward to seeing you!
Membership means being a part of! We invite you to become an ACTIVE MEMBER
and share in the love and joy that comes from giving and serving. Let's make
this chapel a source of good to all and especially to our community. GET INVOLVED!
WE NEED YOU! SPIRIT NEEDS YOU!
Visit our membership page for more information on the benefits of being a member of AMC!
|Declaration of Principles of the United Metaphysical Churches (UMC)
1. We believe in God as Infinite Intelligence.
2. We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute a true religion.
4. We believe in personal responsibility & that we create our own happiness or unhappiness as we live in harmony or discord with natural physical and spiritual laws.
5. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continues after leaving the physical world.
6. We affirm that communication with Spirit is a natural experience and is proven through mediumship.
7. We affirm that spiritual gifts, including prophecy and healing contained in the Bible & other Sacred Texts are divine attributes proven through mediumship.
8. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
9. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed to any human soul here or hereafter.
Declaración de Principios de la Unión de Iglesias Metafísicas (UMC)
1. Creemos en Dios como una Inteligencia Infinita.
2. Creemos que los fenómenos de la Naturaleza, ambos físicos y espirituales son una expresión de la Inteligencia Infinita.
3. Afirmamos que entendiendo correctamente esta expresión y viviendo de acuerdo a ella constituye una religión verdadera.
4. Creemos en responsibilidad personal y que nosotros creamos nuestra felicidad o desdicha cuando vivimos en armonía o discordia con las leyes físicas y espirituales de la Naturaleza.
5. Afirmamos que la existencia e identidad personal continúa después de dejar el mundo físico.
6. Afirmamos que la comunicación con el mundo Espiritual es una experiencia que ha sido probada a través de la mediunidad.
7. Afirmamos que los dones espirituales incluyendo profesía y sanación, mencionados en la Biblia y otros libros sagrados son atributos divinos probadas a través de mediunidad.
8. Creemos que la mas alta moralidad está contenida en la Regla Dorada: “Trata a los demás en la misma forma que quieres ser tratado.”
9. Afirmamos que la puerta de reformación nunca es cerrada al alma humana aqui y en el más alla.